Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This is one of my family's favorite meals:

3 chicken breast halves cooked shredded or cubed (boiled, fried, whatever you have time for)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream

Mix and divide among ten burrito style tortillas:
Cover the bottom of your pans with a little sauce. Roll the enchiladas up and place seam side down in either a large baking pan or I use a 9x13 and a 9X9 - six in one, four in the other. Then pour equally:

One can of enchilada sauce (I use Rosarita)

Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cover with grated cheese (as much as you like). Put back in the oven uncovered for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted. So genius. So easy. Serve with a salad so you can get some veggies into those kids!

2 comments:

Kari said...

yummy!!!

Gil said...

I really enjoyed your recipe. However, I am a stickler for following instructions to the letter, and for the life of me I could not get past the part where I was to roll up my pans. Do the cheap aluminum ones roll up easier than my glass ones?
Anyway, thinking I may have misunderstood them, I reread the instructions and noticed the obvious typo. I had no problems at all covering the bottom of my "pants with a little sauce", and rolling them up was easy enough, but I didn't have a pan that large, so I used an old aluminum litter box. (I wish I had had a new one on-hand.) It was about time to throw it out anyway. (Did you know there's a significant difference between "aroma" and "odor"?)
Covering the aluminum foil with grated cheese seemed a bit odd to me, BUT... some people like sucking on the lighted end of a road flare, so I did that too. (Ya know, I've lived here for several years now, and never realized that I was only a 3 minute drive from the fire station - with lights and sirens going, anyway..) The hose scared the cat senseless - he went straight up in the air, and when he landed the fire hose was instantaneously converted to a yard sprinkler. All-in-all it was..................... an experience.