Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Parking Wars

I went to that store known as "The Evil Empire" today. I can't understand why on such a mundane day the parking lot is completely full. As I'm driving down a row to find a parking spot a teensy car full of teenage boys tries to whip out in front of me from the side. I wasn't going to back down. I have the right of way and my mini-van is way bigger. As I was saying, all of a sudden there was this speed bump from out of nowhere. I looked at him. He looked at me. It was a stare down. I didn't mean to have a stare down. I wasn't wearing my glasses and I was just trying to focus on his face (in case I knew his mother). He put on his brakes and his passengers experienced a force called "inertia".

I wanted to burst out into an evil laugh, "bwa-ha-ha-ha!" I totally did that on the inside. My toot for the day is we are finally in that place that we can hold our own. We can approach parking spot poachers who steal our spots. We can afford more insurance.

Got any good parking war stories?

2 comments:

Kari said...

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you..... besides, it's nothing compared to that one! What a hoot!! You rule the day!

Oka said...

So reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes