Thursday, February 11, 2010

Marvelous Muffins


This is the best ever muffins you'll ever make.
In case you don't know the difference between muffins and cupcakes I better explain that cupcakes are made with a cake batter. Muffin batter is much thicker. The trick to making good muffins is mixing all the dry ingredients together and mix all the wet ingredients together and combine the two mixing gently - stir these by hand. Over mixed muffin mix makes your muffins a rubbery texture.
So here's the recipe:
In a large mixing bowl mix:
2 Cups flour
1/3 Cup sugar
2/3 Cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. baking soday
In another bowl whisk together:
1 egg
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup sour cream (I use fat free)
1/2 cup melted Butter (the real stuff)
1 tsp vanilla
Gently mix the wet into the dry and fold in 1 cup Milk Chocolate chips. This makes 20 muffins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. This is a great recipe for anytime and neighbors especially like getting them as a treat.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yummmmm. I will have to make them for breakfast tomorrow.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Ohhh... those sounds delish! I'll have to try them! Thanks for sharing!